The following groups are eligible to borrow ITS Library material:
- Faculty, staff and students of ITS Berkeley.
- Faculty, staff and students of University of California, Berkeley
- All UC Berkeley library card holders
- Faculty, staff and students of ITS units at UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Los Angeles
- Other borrowers through interlibrary loans and cooperative agreements.
- Standard: Most materials, including books, reports, microfiche, and videos, circulate for one month.
- Short-term: Magazines, journals and pamphlets circulate for one week. CDs are available for one week loans to ITS students, faculty and staff only.
- Reserves: Course readings for the current semester circulate for two hours. After 3:00 pm, reserves may be borrowed until 12:00 pm the next day that the library is open.
Renewals, Recalls and Holds
Users may renew materials, as well as review the inventory of their library accounts, and recall materials in circulation, through My OskiCat. ITS Library Staff is available to help with renewals and recalls, as well as to place holds on items, at:
- Phone – 510-642-3604
- Email - email@example.com.
- In person. All circulating library materials can be renewed twice.
Overdue, Lost or Damaged Material
Library borrowers must return or renew items by their due date. When an item becomes overdue, borrowing privileges will be blocked until the item is returned. Overdue materials borrowed from other UC Berkeley libraries will cause your borrowing privileges to be blocked at the ITS Library.
If an item is damaged or lost, borrowers are liable for charges incurred to repair or replace the item. Replacement costs ($150 default/book or the actual cost of the item, which ever is higher) and processing fees are charged for overdue materials that are not returned.
Both blocking and billing will be enforced until the item is returned, replaced, or paid for in full. Blocking includes the suspension of borrowing privileges from all University libraries. It also suspends request privileges for University administrative documents such as transcripts, and places a hold on registration. Please make inquiries about bills (for ITSL materials), and blocked or revoked privileges to the ITS Library Staff, by phone, 510-642-3604, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy of Records
In accordance with state law, circulation records are kept confidential. Library employees will access circulation records only in fulfillment of work duties. Circulation information is deleted when material is returned.